In last night's dream, we went to our new place. (In real life, it's been recently renovated, and is quite pleasant.) The walls were either ripped out or ragged or nonexistent. I realized we had to figure out, quickly, how to make the place livable before we moved in. I suggested we contact the person who redid our kids' preschool, and asked the folks who were with us if they had any good ideas. I realized that, though I thought there were only two bathrooms, there were actually three, and one was totally decimated. I knew that what we'd gotten was not what we'd signed up for, but also knew we couldn't get out of it.
===================
Also dreamed that I had decided to go work for McKinsey & Co. I wasn't very excited about it, and knew that I was taking a demotion. It was proved out when I went to my first meeting, which was a presentation by Ellen DeGeneres. I was excited about it, until I got there, and realized that I was supposed to be, basically the usher. Handing out programs, directing people to their seats. When they were all seated, Ellen was going to deliver an inspirational speech (which she did do). At the end, she asked me how I came to join McKinsey. I told her that I just felt lucky that I had worked in theatre, so I could read a ticket and figure out where person was supposed to be sitting. (And I now I remember that there was some oddness with the seating e.g., a person was seated in C4, and it was to the stage left of C1 and 3, as though they'd realized after the fact that they had to add extra seats in the same row.
Just remembered that also in the Ellen thing, I--or maybe it was later, when I was trying to do salesmanship in the odd shop?)--was chewing gum, and i twas pulling out my teeth as per usual, and I was thinking, "Ugh, now my teeth are coming out like they always do in my dreams."
=================================
Also dreamed that Leslie Schaffer was a designer, and was making me a shirt that I'd wear to represent my wedding (to some unknown swain), which is to say the shirt had, as cutouts and quilted over and stitched in, images of the wedding dress and tux on the sleeves of the shirt. She was also going to make the wedding dress and groom's outfit The shirt that she made, I thought (at first was completely wrong...mis-sized and uncomfortable and not at all what I was thinking So I want to see her, and she explained that I was wearing it wrong. I had my head through the sleeve-hole, and everything else when wrong from there.
No comments:
Post a Comment