In last night's dream, I got to the office to discover that people were clearing out the cubicle next to mine. (In real life, the colleague who occupies that cube is taking a personal leave, and has been out of the office for more than a month.) They were removing the desk, the files, everything. Then my colleague appeared, and she was transformed: she had lost weight, her skin was glowing, she looked peaceful and healthy.
I said, "Wow! You look great! What's going on around here?" She explained that she had found a new job, one that was better, more flexible, closer to home, easier to do. She told me that she weighed only 100 lbs now; I was shocked, she was pleased. She took her personal things and left.
My manager showed up, and explained that since there was an empty cube in between our cubicles now, we'd be able to move cots into our cubes. I decided to put in bunk beds in mine.
My best friend and her family came by; I showed them where I work, and the new layout with the bunk beds. We had planned to go out to eat, but she explained that, unfortunately, there had been a change of plans and they had to leave. I got angry, and said, "Oh FINE!" in a petulant tone. I decided the best thing for it would be to take a nap on my new bunk bed.
I curled up on the bottom bunk, and tried to go to sleep. I felt uncomfortable, and pressed, and gave up on trying to sleep. When I climbed out of the bed, I saw that the top bunk had collapsed down, nearly crushing the bottom bunk. My best friend was sitting in a chair, waiting for me. I said, "I thought you said you had to leave?" She said, "They had to leave; I have been waiting for you. I thought when you were done with your nap that we could go get something to eat." I felt silly for having made a fuss.
No comments:
Post a Comment