In last night's dream, I went into the kitchen first thing in the morning, and there, standing by the kids' easel, was a life-size, bright red (kind of Spiderman colored), animate crash test dummy. It turned to look at me when I walked in the room. I knew that it was my daughter's, and also knew that it would just take up too much room in the kitchen; it would be in the way as I bustled around trying to make lunches.
I said to it, "Well, you can't stand THERE. Why don't you go lie down in the top bunk?" It started shambling off in that direction, but I stopped it. "No, you can't go there. You'll startle the kids if they don't know you're up there. Why don't you go down to the basement? You can stay in the storage space for now." And off it went.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later, I was at an outdoor track, watching sprint races. There was live music, and I was having a great time listening and watching the racers. Suddenly, though, the music sounded very familiar, and really good. I turned, and it was Mark Knopfler, playing guitar. I was wowed, and went and sat beside him on the bleachers. As he played, I rested my head on his shoulder, enjoying the amazing music.
No comments:
Post a Comment