Thursday, January 3, 2013

Stranded van / scavenging for wardrobe finds

In last night's dream, I was traveling in some kind of RV or camper van with friends, and we had to stop suddenly because one of my companions said, "Look at THAT!"  Up on a nearby snowy hillside, displayed kind of elegantly, were some clothes, including a long overcoat.  I thought she wanted the coat, but behind it was a tweedy-looking, retro cardigan that she absolutely had to have.  We weren't able to get the van going again, so abandoned it, planning to retrieve it later.

Then, suddenly, I was at a wedding – a small, casual one, with children running all over the place – and I realized it was of a former friend.  It was so awkward that I was there, at this most personal and intimate event, when we hadn't spoken for years. But instead of turning me out, she gave me a hug and asked to see pictures of the kids.

We tried to go back to rescue the van, but we couldn't; there were angry men – police officers?  tow truck guys? the owner of the berm we'd left it on? – scolding us. I was able to get a few things out of the van before I scurried off, abandoning the van for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment