In last night's dream, I was working for our realtor. It was a new job, and I was nervous about everything – being late, messing up, all of that new job anxiety one might have.
I was visiting with some old high school friends, but knew that I had to get to work, or at least phone in. I couldn't leave somehow, and couldn't dial my phone. I realized that when I was looking at my phone, everything was blurry. I said, "I think something might be really wrong with me!" The people I was with tried to calm me down, or explain away why I couldn't see clearly, but I knew that they were wrong.
I managed to get myself to some kind of clinic, and the nurses there sat me on a gurney so they could take my blood pressure. I said, "Shouldn't you draw blood? Run some tests?" They explained that since I'd had blood drawn recently, they couldn't do so again so soon; new research showed that drawing blood too frequently increased the risk of developing blood clots. (Obviously my subconscious is mulling over Secretary of State Clinton's health...)
While I sat on the gurney, I kept trying to call in to the realtor to let him know why I was so late, but it didn't work. I misdialed repeatedly, and then couldn't quite make out the numbers, and then couldn't quite remember the order of the numbers.
A nurse said that I should accompany her to another room to wait. We walked into an area – I wouldn't quite call it a room – that had, on one side, a small lake instead of walls and windows. The floor fell away to a steep rocky shore that descended a few feet to the lake.
In the lake were some birds – ducks, swans, maybe? – as well has a few musicians sitting on some kind of floating petals. They were playing and singing as they floated around on the lake. I sat by the rocky edge, and watched the music. Other rescued animals came into view; a kitten, a tiny pygmy donkey (is there even such thing as a pygmy donkey?), some chicks.
I watched and listened and waited for someone to come tell me what to do next, and if I was going to be okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment